[Crm-sig] FW: Change of URL

Leif Isaksen leifuss at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 18 17:37:24 EET 2009

congrats all

This is great news!

I'm afraid I've fallen a bit behind with my digests recently so apologies in
advance if I say anything which has already been brought up but some
immediate thoughts would be:

- I have a vague recollection that dots within the non-domain part of a URI
cause a problem (though I'm not 100% certain which specification it
conflicts with - possibly XML?) Has anyone else had this difficulty? I bring
it up because the URIs in the RDF(S) document contain them (e.g.
E1.CRM_Entity) (My personal preference would be to leave it as E1 and let
internationalised labels do the describing but I'm aware that I may be in a
minority in that regard)

- The namespace itself should probably not contain the document type (i.e.
the '.rdfs') as by implication it would only be a representation of a
resource (such as RDF _about_ the concept, not the concept itself).
Server-side content negotiation (i.e. a 303 redirect) should be used to
provide the requester with the appropriate document (e.g. RDF, HTML or
something else)

There are various debates as to whether to use hash or slash namespaces, but
slashes may be more appropriate for a project of the scale and longevity of
the CRM.

More generally, I'd strongly recommend checking out the guidance and recipes
at:

http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-vocab-pub/

and

http://linkeddata.org/guides-and-tutorials