[Crm-sig] applications of the CIDOC CRM (Vladimir Ivanov)

Tudhope D S (AT) dstudhope at glam.ac.uk
Tue Nov 17 20:07:02 EET 2009

Vladimir

A belated response to your request for real world applications of CIDOC
CRM (apologies, just catching up on email)

The STAR Project (Semantic Technologies for Archaeological Resources)
uses the CRM as an umbrella framework for cross searching different
archaeological datasets and the grey literature.
http://hypermedia.research.glam.ac.uk/kos/star/

We make use of the English Heritage extension to the CRM (CRMEH) for
modelling archaeological processes. The project has developed various
web services for accessing the CRM and related archaeological thesauri,
along with a demonstrator for cross searching. The ECDL 2008 paper gives
an overview - http://hypermedia.research.glam.ac.uk/publications/

Regards

Doug

Douglas Tudhope
Professor, Faculty of Advanced Technology
University of Glamorgan
Pontypridd CF37 1DL
Wales, UK
Tel +44 (0) 1443-483609
Fax +44 (0) 1443-482715
dstudhope at glam.ac.uk
http://hypermedia.research.glam.ac.uk/people/tudhope/
Editor : The New Review of Hypermedia and Multimedia

Message: 1