[Crm-sig] Machine-readable version of CRM definition ?

Giovanni Toffoli toffoli at uni.net
Fri Aug 21 13:34:50 EEST 2009

Thank you very much to all people for the prompt and exhaustive answers.
So, there are several options available.

I'm not an expert of cultural heritage documentation.
While I am developing a prototype of "competence map" in the field of the
cultural heritage management (analysis, conservation, valorization, ..), I
have to help a team of researchers in clarifying the requirements and in
implementing an overly abstract data model.
I think that a partial implementation of the CIDOC-CRM inside the
integration platform could be useful, mainly for helping reasonig about the
relationships between the cultural heritage itself, the activities that
contributed to its formation, the management activities.

Till now I got a very limited assignment and very few resources from my
customer.
I'll start to import the Entity Hierarchy from the OWL document
erlangen-crm_090714_5_0_1.owl
It should require very little effort to adapt an import procedure I already
used for creating taxonomic glossaries and thesauri to be used as
classification resources.
Possibly, afterwards, I will import also the entire ontology, and address
the problems concerning the representation of primitive values.

Thank you again.

Best regards, Giovanni Toffoli

--
Giovanni Toffoli