[Crm-sig] P20

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Sat Sep 13 16:31:27 EEST 2008

Dear Christian-Emil,

Christian-Emil Ore wrote:
> Dear all,
> THe CRM is in its basic nature retrospective. That is, it models events
> that has happened seen from the current point in time. The final
> paragrpahp of the scope note for the property P20 is not consistent with
> this view. If the bank (in the example) does not succeed in its take
> over plan because it goes bankrupt before the take over event should
> have taken place, then that event will never happen and will not exist.
> Thus P20 actually implies that an activity succeeds in it achieving its
> aims.

Yes, this was what we had actually in mind. The scope note is wrong.

Will be interesting to discuss planned events as extension of the CRM.
I'd suggest to make a remark in the scope note, that appropriate extensions may deal
with planned events, planned and realized events, planned and not realized events
(what is the notion of identity of a planned event, that may persist with the realization?)