[Crm-sig] ISSUE: CRM compatibility, VERY IMPORTANT

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Tue Sep 2 17:42:58 EEST 2008

Dear All,

Attached my draft trying to flesh out in a text form the decisions made
about CRM comaptibility in the last CRM-SIG meeting in May. This should become
the instrument to distinguish false compatibility claims. It should be
rich enough to cover all reasonable application cases. If not, we have to change
it.

Please read carefully, with respect to:
a) Is this clear enough so that a good practice of validating CRM compatibility
  can be based on this
b) Is it logically consistent
c) Is it good English
d) Is it functional and useful, is it attractive for providers and users,
      does it foster what we want to achieve with the CRM?

Please comment. This text, your comments or rewritings will be the base for a
decision on the CIDOC Conference if this text will be proposed to ISO
as amendment to ISO21127. Only proposals submitted to this mailing list
before the meeting will be discussed.