[Crm-sig] Scope note for E55 Type

Dr Matthew Stiff matthew at matthewstiff.com
Thu Oct 23 00:39:16 EEST 2008

Managed to reply to Steve instead of the list....

I really like this too. I find this much clearer and easier to understand
(and I hope to be intellectually 12 by my next birthday). I have made a
couple of slight tweaks to conform to existing house style and added "term
lists" since overall these are more commonly used than thesauri or
ontologies (sadly).

Best wishes,

Matthew

Scope note:

E55 Type
This class comprises terms from thesauri and controlled vocabularies used to
characterise and classify instances of CRM classes.

Instances of E55 Type represent concepts (universals) in contrast to
instances of E41 Appellation which are used to name individuals. E55 Type is
the CRM's interface to domain-specific term lists, ontologies and thesauri.
These can be represented in the CRM as sub-class hierarchies under E55 type,
possibly with additional properties.

Examples.....