[Crm-sig] Fwd: URI policies

Vladimir Ivanov nomemm at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 11:50:01 EET 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Vladimir Ivanov <nomemm at gmail.com>
Date: 2008/11/29
Subject: Re: [Crm-sig] URI policies
To: Guenther Goerz <guenther.goerz at gmail.com>

Dear Guenther ,

2008/11/29 Guenther Goerz <guenther.goerz at gmail.com>:
> Dear all,
>
> just a brief remark and a recommendation
>
> On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 12:46 PM, Vladimir Ivanov <nomemm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> Why do we need human-readable URIs?
>
> Well, because occasionally humans read code and this case a label such
> as "reply-to-vladimir" has some advantage over "wrzlpfrmpft", although
> my machine doesn't care.

;)
I mean, why do we need human-readable URIs (for machine processing
resources, tasks, etc.)?

It's clear to me, that the first label ("reply-to-vladimir") is ambiguous,
according to multiple senses of "vladimir".
The second one ("wrzlpfrmpft") means nothing at all.

In both cases, we need additional information
to understand that meaning (if we want to).

It's good for CRM classes and properties to have readable labels.
Martin's question was also about instances (e.g. museum objects).

Best,
Vladimir

>>> http://www.gnm.de/PHYSICAL_OBJECT/... ?