[Crm-sig] URI policies

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Thu Nov 27 20:54:03 EET 2008

Dear All,

I suggest to discuss in more details policies to use URIs in RDF or OWL instances.

For instance, how to describe a museum:

How to distinguish the Website from the Actor, if we refer to the museums domain name:
MUSEUM/http://www.gnm.de/ ?

http://www.gnm.de/MUSEUM ?
http://www.gnm.de/ACTOR?

If we have a museum URI, we could generate all object IDs by inventory number + museum URL:

http://www.gnm.de/OBJECT/AB_45678900_1870 ?
http://www.gnm.de/PHYSICAL_OBJECT/... ?
http://www.gnm.de/CRM_E19/...  ?

Does anyone know, if the Getty ULAN suggests a good practice for URIs for ULAN entries?

I believe these are issues that should be easy to resolve, and should be quickly resolved.

More complicated: How to you make a URI out of an postal address. Any idea, examples???