[Crm-sig] ISSUES: scope notes

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Sat Nov 22 14:26:55 EET 2008

Dear All,

I suggest this minor modification:

1. E78 Collection
current text:
"This class comprises aggregations of physical items that are assembled and maintained ... "
proposed text:
"This class comprises aggregations of instances of E18 Physical Thing that are assembled and maintained ... "

For the following, the question is, if E18 may be used in a wider sense, comprising things characterised as units for documentation (i.e.,
in the constellation they are regarded by documentation as ONE thing, or, if E18 should be open to other notions Physical Things as well.
It may leave a gap if we follow Vadim's proposal. Of course, there are flooding waters, clouds and other physical things that are anyhow not
covered as Physical Things in the CRM.

2. Modify section of the scope notes for E19 Physical Object
current text:
"This class comprises items of a material nature that are units for documentation and have physical boundaries that separate them completely
in an objective way from other objects."

proposed text:
"This class comprises items of a material nature that have physical boundaries that separate them completely in an objective way from other
objects."

3. Modify section of scope notes for "E18.Physical_Thing"
current text:
"This class comprises all persistent physical items with a relatively stable form, man-made or natural."
proposed text
"This class comprises all persistent physical items with a relatively stable form , man-made or natural that are units for documentation ."

Comments?