[Crm-sig] metonymy

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Thu Nov 20 18:48:40 EET 2008

Hi Vladimir,

I think this clearly goes beyond the "intended" use of P103. We had discussions in the past
about a "Metacrm", i.e., a set of operators that allow to derive from CRM properties,
which are designed to hold for particulars, "usual" properties holding between
all instances of some categories (E55). The discussion more or less stuck with
Guenther Goerz' proposal to use default logic, which seems to be promising but
was not further developed into a demonstrator.

I think the topic is still "hot", and still maintain
that it can be described by a suitable metaschema generated from the CRM.
The question, if we would necessarily dive into a non-decidable subset of 2nd order logic
is also in the air, even though I do not believe it until I see a real example of
such an undecidable question.