[Crm-sig] metonymy

Vladimir Ivanov nomemm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 17:56:20 EET 2008

Thanks a lot, Stephen,

In my case, I would like to link two instances of E55 Type:
engraving (technique type) [E55] and engraving (object type) [E55]
to describe "intensional" knowledge like in the phrase
"engraving techniques usually produce engravings".

The E55 is also a sub-class of E71.
If I understand you correctly, I can write:
engraving (technique type) [E55] -> P103 was intended for (was
intention of) -> engraving (object type) [E55].

Vladimir