[Crm-sig] CIDOC CRM new version and CALL FOR VOTE

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Fri Nov 14 18:45:38 EET 2008

Dear All,

Before we finish the complete minutes, which will take some time,
we attach the intermediate version of the CRM, as is the result of
the direct decisions taken in London Nov. 6-7.

It contains the new text for compatibility, for Types,
and several other scope note changes.

This version is CIDOC CRM version 4.3. The changes are listed in the annex.
Attached. Please read carefully.

One issue was left open: the rephrasing of the last phrase of
the new Compatibility Chapter, which we decided to do via e-mail. We have already taken votes
on this before the meeting, the text we present now here is a minor modification.
It was also approvedby a lawyer.

Also, Christian Emil rose the issue of 107.1, documentation of membership roles.
============================================================================================================
PLEASE VOTE:

A) DO YOU APPROVE THAT on page viii in CIDOC CRM version 4.3,

the Phrase:
"The provider should be able to demonstrate the claim with suitable test data. A third party should be able to verify the claim with
suitable test data."

is replaced by:
""The provider should be able to demonstrate the claim with suitable test data. The provider should be able to demonstrate its claim
according to certain procedures included in any applicable certificate practice related statement.

The provider should either make evidence of these procedures publicly available on the Internet on a site nominated by the ISO community of
use, so that any third party is able to verify the claim with suitable test data, or acquire a certificate by a certification authority (CA).

A trusted third party recognised and authorised by a competent regulatory authority to act as a CA in this practice area, should be able to
verify the credentials of the provider applying for such certificate and thus, of its claim with suitable test data, before issuing the
certificate so that the users can trust the information in the CA certificates.

The CA will grant the provider of the certified system the right to use the “CRM compatible” logo."

B) DO YOU APPROVE

the addition of properties of properties P107.1, P144.1, as described in the attached proposal.

The result of this vote will be CIDOC CRM version 5.0, which will be submitted to ISO as proposed amendment.