[Crm-sig] asymmetric relations between people

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Mon Nov 10 12:57:41 EET 2008

Hi Steve, Christian-Emil,

I tend to support the ISSUE. P107.1 would allow us to express in an elegant way a lot of
subtleties of social Group structure. The way to denote it by type of Joining
you propose is consistent with other shortcuts having a .1 property. On the other side,
roles may change after joining. Therefore we may infer a 107.1 from the type of joining, but
not vice-versa.

Since time is pressing, we'd need a complete proposal with scope notes and everything.
As example, I'd suggest a university role ("postgraduate student") or a role in a democratic
government ("Foreign Minister").

If you can provide a complete proposal in time, we can vote via e-mail.

Best,

martin