[Crm-sig] [Fwd: Re: How to certify CRM compatibility, URGENT PLEASE VOTE]

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Wed Nov 5 23:24:55 EET 2008

Dear Bernhard,

Here is probably the misunderstanding. The text does not talk about
checking if a schema is compatible, nor how the system exports data. It is only
the effect on the data we look at. No need for a vendor to disclose his
schema. Semantics can be anywere hidden in code.
Print outs of filled-in screen forms are enough to represent data in
a collection management system. These should be compared against CRM instances
the system can produce, for instance in OWL or RDF as export.
The compatibility text does not mention texts or schema, nor does it intend to.

Is any phrase ambiguous in this sense?