[Crm-sig] [Fwd: Re: How to certify CRM compatibility, URGENT PLEASE VOTE]

Bernhard Schiemann Bernhard.Schiemann at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Wed Nov 5 16:09:00 EET 2008

Dear Martin, Dear all,
> I rather meant with "test data" the real data records, instances of the
> schema of a local system, rich enough to cover the relevant cases,
> to demonstrate how their export results in CRM instances,
> and/or CRM instances provided as test vectors, to demonstrate how their
> input results in reasonable local data.
If so, the real data records have a structure (schema of the local
system). If one would provide or wants to provide correct export CRM
instances a formal language is needed (for RDBMS, it could be SQL, ...).
Or other formal languages based on logics.

If one wants to proof compatibility of his/her text with the CRM ISO
text, it might be a viable way to formulate this text in the controlled
vocabulary of the CRM.

> What did you have in mind? How would you show, that an RDBMS exports
> correctly its data into CRM instances?
I would transform the CRM into a formal language (e.g. OWL-DL) and then
export the instances of the RDBMS in terms of the CRM model. Then it is
possible to test compatibility of the RDBMS instances against the CRM
OWL-DL "schema".

If something is unclear, please ask!

Best,
Bernhard

> [...]
>>> on what the certification procedure will be:
>>>
>>> A) The provider should be able to demonstrate the claim with suitable
>>> test data. A third party should be able to verify the claim with
>>> suitable test data.
>>>
>>> One alternative is this:
>>> B)
>>> The provider should be able to demonstrate the claim with suitable
>>> test data and the grant of a certificate by a certification authority
>>>   (CA). A trusted third party recognised as a CA in this practice
>>> area, should be able to verify the credentials of the provider applying
>>>   for such certificate and thus, of its claim with suitable test
>>> data,before issuing the certificate so that the users can trust the
>>> information in the CA certificates.
>>>
>>>   In any case, the provider should be able to demonstrate its claim
>>> according to certain procedures included in any applicable certificate
>>>   practice related statement and must also comply with any applicable
>>> certification policies of the respective CA.
>>>
>>> Second alternative:
>>> C)
>>> The provider should be able to demonstrate the claim with suitable
>>> test data. The provider should be able to demonstrate its claim
>>> according to certain procedures included in any applicable
>>> certificate practice related statement.
>>> The provider should either make evidence of these procedures publicly
>>> available, so that any third party should be able to verify the claim
>>> with suitable test data, or acquire a certificate by a certification
>>> authority (CA). A trusted third party recognised as a CA in this
>>> practice area, should be able to verify the credentials of the
>>> provider applying for such certificate and thus, of its claim with
>>> suitable test data, before issuing the certificate so that the users
>>> can trust the information in the CA certificates.
>> May I add an alternative?: (It is a variant of C)
>> D)
>> The provider is able to demonstrate the claim with suitable test data.
>> The test data consist either of a controlled vocabulary as a subset of
>> the text specification ISO 21127:2006 (:2008/9) or in a formal language
>> . A  set of test data is provided by the CRM SIG.
>>
>> The provider should either make evidence of these procedures publicly
>> available, so that any third party is able to verify the claim
>> with suitable test data, or acquire a certificate by a CRM certification
>> authority (CA). A trusted third party recognized as a CRM CA in this
>> practice area, is able to verify the credentials of the provider
>> applying for a CRM certificate and thus, of its claim with suitable
>> test data, before issuing the CRM certificate so that users can trust
>> the information in the CA CRM certificates. Any company or group who
>> wishes to be recognized as CRM CA request this status at the CRM SIG.
>>

>> Best
>> Bernhard
>>

>>> Please vote on these alternatives until Thursday morning. Reply

Bernhard Schiemann, Dipl. Ing.
Artificial Intelligence Division
Department of Computer Science
University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
Haberstr. 2, D-91058 Erlangen, Germany

Tel.:  +49-9131-85-28984
Fax :  +49-9131-85-28986
Email: schiemann at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
http://www8.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/inf8/en/schiemann.html
To verify my keys, please use gpg keyserver:
pgp.mit.edu

Email: schiemann at informatik.uni-erlangen.de