[Crm-sig] About the short document for the archive community

Synapse Computing Oy info at synapse-computing.com
Wed Nov 5 14:40:35 EET 2008

I agree with Lina that a brief introductory description of key terms would be useful in order to differentiate the constructs Lina refers to (ontologies, data models etc.). This clarification of terms is needed percisely for the reasons Martin points to, namely that there is a "tendency to (ab)use the term 'ontology' for everything that has to to with data and knowledge" including terminological data. There is worrying evidence of this in projects and documents in the context I work in including museum projects.

Regards!
Mika

Synapse Computing Oy, Arabiankatu 2, 00560 Helsinki
info at synapse-computing.com
+358-9-8569 9696 puh/tel
+358-9-8569 9595 fax
  _____