[Crm-sig] How to certify CRM compatibility, URGENT PLEASE VOTE

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Tue Nov 4 12:45:10 EET 2008

Dear All,

The current, well received text about CRM compatibility we are preparing to propose as ISO
amendment, contains the following last phrase, which caused comments on what the certification procedure will be:

A) The provider should be able to demonstrate the claim with suitable test data. A third party should be able to verify the claim with
suitable test data.

One alternative is this:
B)
The provider should be able to demonstrate the claim with suitable test data and the grant of a certificate by a certification authority
  (CA). A trusted third party recognised as a CA in this practice area, should be able to verify the credentials of the provider applying
  for such certificate and thus, of its claim with suitable test data,before issuing the certificate so that the users can trust the
information in the CA certificates.

  In any case, the provider should be able to demonstrate its claim according to certain procedures included in any applicable certificate
  practice related statement and must also comply with any applicable certification policies of the respective CA.

Second alternative:
C)
The provider should be able to demonstrate the claim with suitable test data. The provider should be able to demonstrate its claim according
to certain procedures included in any applicable certificate practice related statement.
The provider should either make evidence of these procedures publicly available, so that any third party should be able to verify the claim
with suitable test data, or acquire a certificate by a certification authority (CA). A trusted third party recognised as a CA in this
practice area, should be able to verify the credentials of the provider applying for such certificate and thus, of its claim with suitable
test data, before issuing the certificate so that the users can trust the information in the CA certificates.

Please vote on these alternatives until Thursday morning. Reply either to crm-sig or to martin at ics.forth.gr, in case you would not like your
vote to become public.