[Crm-sig] ISSUE: Compatibility with the CIDOC CRM

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Wed May 28 12:16:09 EEST 2008

Dear All,

In the last CRM-SIG meeting we discussed the compatibility issues, taken into account
all the excellent e-mail comments sent on this issue. I attach an analysis of the requirement we regarded
useful. All help to turn this into a normative text most welcome. Obviously there is
also an implicit research issue: How to define a mapping that proves incompatibility.
Help from the computer science community appreciated.

Our tentative schedule is to finish a draft of a normative text before CIDOC 2008, so that
the thing can be presented to the plenary for approval.

Please comment.