[Crm-sig] FRBRoo R10's superproperty, ISSUE

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Thu Jan 31 17:09:05 EET 2008

Dear Vladimir,

Thank you very much for your comment.

Actually the domain - range restriction of R10 to F3, F5 is the kind of intension change
that justifies the subproperty. If you may interpret the label "has type" and
"example" as synonymous, has no relevance. Labels are only mnemonics. Note, that
the CRM is not a dictionary that would explain the meaning of English words or expressions.

Domain and Range of properties are part of their intension. Beyond that, only the
scope note matters.

Actually the link P137 should be declared as subproperty of P2. This needs
inverting P137. This is an issue for the next meeting.

The notion of "exemplifying" in P137 is that of selecting ONE instance to be
a particularly good representative. This is not the sense of R10, but similar
to the "representative assignment" in FRBRoo, which we put now in an Annex of the document.