[Crm-sig] FRBRoo R10's superproperty

João Oliveira joaoli13 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 01:43:07 EET 2008

Dear All,

    The R10 property has the following definition:

R10 is example of (has example)
Domain: F5 Item
Range: F3 Manifestation Product Type
Subproperty of: P2 has type

    According CIDOC CRM document, "the intension of
the subproperty extends the intension of the superproperty,
i.e. its traits are more restrictive than that of its superproperty"

   To be a "example" is not a "more restrictive" case of to be a "type".
   I think the most appropriate CIDOC CRM superproperty for R10
should be:

P137: is exemplified by (exemplifies)
Domain: E55 Type
Image: E1 CRM Entity.

   So, to align the subproperty intension with the superproperty intension,
 I think it's necessary to redefine (invert Range/Domain) R10:

 R10 has example (is example of)
Domain: F3 Manifestation Product Type
Range: F5 Item
Subproperty of: P137 is exemplified by (exemplifies)

   Now,
F3 Manifestation Product Type <has example> F5 Item
   is a specific case of
E55 Type <is exemplied by> E1 CRM Entity.

Regards

Joao Lima