[Crm-sig] Relations between information objects

João Oliveira joaoli13 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 22:18:47 EET 2008

Dear Mr. Köhler,

    Your suggestion "to have a predicate in CIDOC-CRM to indicate that one
Information Object is not identical with but derived from another" is part
of the new FRBRoo ontology (an
extension of CIDOC CRM with FRBR concepts). See
http://cidoc.ics.forth.gr/frbr_drafts.html

    The desired feature is the "R58 is derivative of (has derivative)"
property.
R58 Scope Note:
"This property associates an instance of F1 Work which modifies the content
of another
instance of F1 Work with the latter. The property R58.1 has type of this
property allows for
specifying the kind of derivation, such as adaptation, summarization etc."
In your example, the R58.1 Type should be "transcription normalization" .

   In addition, the definition of "F2 Expression" Class (subclass of
E73 Information Object) will help you deal with the Work expression in an
independent way of the used symbol system (pictorial/illustration,
language/text etc.).

Regards

João Alberto de Oliveira Lima