[Crm-sig] Issue: CRM compatibility

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Mon Apr 21 14:17:55 EEST 2008

Dear Edmund,

That is helpful indeed. We have specific datasets that encode simple cases in a simple schema,
which can be mapped to the CRM, but not all foreseen cases of use of this schema could be mapped to
the CRM. So, the system (e.g., DC) is not compliant, but the data were.

Another problem are very dedicated systems, such as the cross-reference lists of Roman Inscriptions
maintained by Clauss-Slaby in Frankfurt, which maps to the CRM, but does not contain any event. But
then their scope does not extend to events actually.