[Crm-sig] Improvement of E51 scope note

Stephen Stead steads at paveprime.org
Thu Nov 8 10:27:41 EET 2007

I have tried a slight alteration to the opening sentence to make it sound a
bit less "Geeky" and adjusted the PO Box note. In fact PO Boxes are
associated with an instance of E53 Place which is the physical box or
sorting office slot where the mail is placed prior to collection or
forwarding (I had a PO box for many years when I lived on a boat!). In the
opening sentence I think we could probably lose the "or understood" without
any loss of meaning and while enhancing readability.

 New version:

E51 Contact Point

Subclass of:	E77 Persistent Item
Superclass of:	E45 Address

Scope Note:	This class comprises identifiers employed or understood by
communication services to mediate the communication with specific
instances of E39 Actor.

These include E-mail addresses, telephone numbers, post office boxes,
Fax numbers, etc. Most postal addresses can be considered both as
instances of E44 Place Appellation and E51 Contact Point.  In such cases
the subclass E45 Address should be used. However, a post office box may
not be associated with a place specific to its number.

Examples:
	+41 22 418 5571
	weasel at paveprime.com

New New version:

E51 Contact Point

Subclass of:	E77 Persistent Item
Superclass of:	E45 Address

Scope Note:	This class comprises identifiers employed, or understood, by

communication services to direct communications to an instance of E39 Actor.

These include E-mail addresses, telephone numbers, post office boxes,
Fax numbers, etc. Most postal addresses can be considered both as
instances of E44 Place Appellation and E51 Contact Point.  In such cases
the subclass E45 Address should be used. However, a post office box may
not be associated with a place in the way normal addresses are.

Examples:
	+41 22 418 5571
	weasel at paveprime.com

Stephen Stead