[Crm-sig] Improvement of E51 scope note

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Wed Nov 7 11:57:32 EET 2007

Dear All,

Here my proposal to improve the scope note of E51:

current version:

E51 Contact Point

Subcass of:	E77 Persistent Item
Superclass of:	E45 Address

Scope Note:	This class comprises identifiers used to communicate with
instances of E39 Actor.

These include E-mail addresses, telephone numbers, post office boxes,
Fax numbers, etc. Most postal addresses can be considered both as
instances of E44 Place Appellation and E51 Contact Point. The E45
Address subclass should be used in such cases.

Examples:
	+41 22 418 5571
	weasel at paveprime.com

New version:

E51 Contact Point

Subcass of:	E77 Persistent Item
Superclass of:	E45 Address

Scope Note:	This class comprises identifiers employed or understood by
communication services to mediate the communication with specific
instances of E39 Actor.

These include E-mail addresses, telephone numbers, post office boxes,
Fax numbers, etc. Most postal addresses can be considered both as
instances of E44 Place Appellation and E51 Contact Point.  In such cases
the subclass E45 Address should be used. However, a post office box may
not be associated with a place specific to its number.

Examples:
	+41 22 418 5571
	weasel at paveprime.com