[Crm-sig] [Fwd: IKONE: Session 'Future of Knowledge Organization', Bangalore, 3-5 September 2007]

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Wed Mar 28 14:11:27 EEST 2007

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: IKONE: Session 'Future of Knowledge Organization', Bangalore,              3-5 September 2007
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 11:45:44 +0100
From: Aida Slavic <aida at ACORWEB.NET>
To: NKOS at dli2.nsf.gov

***apologies for cross-posting***

Dear colleagues,

from September  3rd  to  5th   2007  (revised time schedule!)  the
IKONE-2007  conference will be held in Bangalore.

I would like to invite contributions for a special session, titled
'Future of Knowledge Organization' within the IKONE conference. The
session's main emphasis is on indexing and retrieval languages, and
other tools of ordering and organizing information.

The main objective of the session is to discuss general trends, problems
and requirements, although it may also include presentations and
elaboration of individual solutions. The plan is to organize the session
as a *panel discussion* with its own introductory statements.

Please send your proposals for contributions via e-mail by 15th April to
   Peter Ohly (ohly at iz-soz.de).

General information on the conference can be found at
http://www.drtc.isibang.ac.in/ikone/. The organizer offers e.g. an
accomodation at the campus. You can get direct flights to Hindustan
Airport, Bangalore. The climate in Bangalore should be moderate as it is
situated at an altitude of about 1000 m .

With kind regards,
H. Peter OHLY
IZ Sozialwissenschaften / Lennestr. 30 / 53113 BONN / Germany / Tel.:
+49-228-2281-142 / Fax.: +49-228-2281-4142 / mailto:oh at iz-soz.de /
http://www.gesis.org/SocioGuide / http://www.bonn.iz-soz.de/wiss-org