[Crm-sig] Character area concept

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Mon Mar 26 15:52:25 EEST 2007

Ed, Steve,

Yes, to be more verbose: E27 Site describes the material things, the landscape and
built structures as features on the surface of earth. The polygons are identifiers for
the place on which a feature or former features have been located.  A Site may contain other features such as hedges, and
even objects in the narrower sense, such as pillars strawn around:

E27 Site inherits the property: P46 is composed of (forms part of): E18 Physical Stuff

The foundation of a settlement or its complete dissapearance can be seen as E63 Beginning of Existence
E64 End of Existence of the Feature.

With a landslide or vulcano eruption a complete E27 Site may end to exist, but the polygons still
mark an existing area = Place on the surface on earth.

Best,

martin