[Crm-sig] P109

Tony Gill tg at tonygill.com
Fri Mar 23 22:46:04 EET 2007

DACS doesn't address the concept of curation -- the closest it comes
is probably:

         2.2 Name and Location of Repository Element
         This element identifies the name and location of the
repository that holds the materials being described.

There's also scope to record this kind of information in:

         2.7 Administrative/Biographical History Element

It also includes the notion of "custodial history," but that is more
akin to the museum concept of provenance:

         5.1 Custodial History Element
         This element provides information on changes of ownership or
custody of the material being described, from the time it left the
possession of the creator until it was acquired by the repository,
that is significant for its authenticity, integrity and interpretation.

(I just happened to have a copy on a nearby shelf!).

Cheers,

T.