[Crm-sig] subproperty - superproperty

Christian-Emil Ore c.e.s.ore at edd.uio.no
Mon Jun 11 15:47:34 EEST 2007

Dear all,
I may well be blind, but I cannot find the following specified in the
crm-definition:

Assume we have four class (could be two) Ei, Ej, Ek, El and two
properties Pa, Pb

Ek is a sub class of Ei
El is a sub class of Ej

Pa: Ei <-> Ej
Pb: Ek <-> El

which can be illustrated by the diagram

           Pa
   Ei   <---->   Ej
   |	  |	|
   |       |     |
   |       |     |
   Ek   <---->   El
           Pb

It is clear that each instance of a Pb will be a Pa when seen as a
property on the superclass level. That is ordinary object orientedness
and well documented in the crm standard.

Since Ek and El are subclasses of Ei and Ej, the properties between Ei
and Ej, that is, Pa will also be a property between Ek and El. However,
can there exist an instance of Pa:Ek <--> El that is not an instance of Pb?

Regards,
Christian-Emil