[crm-sig] Tentative agenda

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Wed Oct 11 18:36:28 EEST 2006

Dear All,

Following our CRM Workshop October 23-24 in Crete (http://cidoc.ics.forth.gr/workshops.html)

Here the tentative agenda for the following working meeting. Please bring to my attention
all agenda items you would like to discuss. Patrick, do you have a detailed proposal for
Thursday - Friday?

CRM-SIG and CRM-FRBR Harmonization Meeting

October 25-27 2006
ICS-FORTH, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Tentative agenda

Wednesday – 25rd of October 2006
9.30 – 10:30  Short CRM tutorial for newcomers. Martin Doerr

10:30-10:45 Coffee Break

10:45-11:45
	a)   Status report of CRM SIG activities.
b)   Issues for CRM amendment:
•	Movement of domain of P33 used specific technique (was used by) E29 Design or Procedure from E11 to E7
•	Recording empirical provenance and other process chains
•	Adding F14 Identifier and R51 consists of (forms part of) to the CRM

11:45-12:00 Coffee Break

12:00-13:00 FRBRoo Tutorial for newcomers and as overview to discuss the achieved
work. Martin Doerr

13:00-14:00 Lunch break.

14:00-18:00 Discussion on how to model performing arts, starting with a proposal from
Patrick Le Boeuf about equivalence of performing arts to FRBR concepts. Key questions: Are performances events or “Expressions” (Persistent
Items)? Should we regard “Expression” always as events and regard FRBR’s Expression as “Expression traces or results”? Is the event as such
documentation relevant or the “plan”? Which stages of added intellectual contribution are relevant from the theatre play to the video recording?
Breaks as convenient.

Thursday/Friday 26-27th of October 2006

9:30-18:00  FRBR-CRM Harmonization:
a) Criticism on version 0.6.7:
•	Improving the publishing event model: use of the manuscript
•	Generalization/simplification? of FRBRoo properties.
•	Can we define a core model?
b) Modelling FRAR: Action plan.

Venue:
Stelios Orphanoudakis Hall at:

Foundation for Research and Technology-Hellas (FORTH)
Vassilika Vouton,
  Heraklion, Crete,
  Greece.

See http://www.ics.forth.gr/contact-info.html for directions to ICS-FORTH. Additional information will be available on the workshop website.

Recommended hotels:
Lato *** (+30 2810 228103)
Atlantis **** (+30 2810 229103)
Irini ** (+30 2810 226561)

All located close to the archeological museum and harbour.
Please ask for corporate rate for guests of ICS-FORTH.

Other Hotels, such as the luxury Candia Maris at Ammoudara Beach
close to FORTH may make special offers in direct contact.
(http://www.maris.gr/candia/description/gen-info.htm)

For Greek national flights Aegean Airlines is recommended
for reliability.