[crm-sig] [Fwd: [fish.technical] Issues in interoperability]

LEE, Edmund Edmund.Lee at english-heritage.org.uk
Fri Aug 11 17:46:12 EEST 2006

I'm glad it is of interest Stefano,

I think this discussion highlights how factors outside the familiar
domain of information analysts can present substantial practical
difficulties. The technology may be there, the ontologies may be
complete and comprehensive, but organisational inertia, funding,
prioritisation of this work, education on legal issues such as copyright
etc can undermine the practical implementation of this work. Depressing,
perhaps, but useful to know.

Incidentally details of the MIDAS XML referred to can be found at
http://www.heritage-standards.org

Best wishes

Edmund Lee
English Heritage

Even mostly about Britain, this thread is of great interest to me.