[crm-sig] CIDOC annual meeting 2006

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Thu Oct 20 17:17:05 EEST 2005

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [cidoc-members] CIDOC annual meeting 2006
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 10:58:16 +0100 (BST)
From: hans.rengman at meta.se
To: cidoc-members at smartgroups.com

[Apologies for cross-postings]

*Wider perspective - broader base*

CIDOC annual meeting 2006
Gothenburg , Sweden

----------------------------
First Call - Call for papers
----------------------------

The CIDOC annual meeting and conference 2006 will take place in Gothenburg, Sweden, September 10-14 2006, in the localities of The Museum of
World Culture and nearby venues. Invitation and further info at: http://cidoc06.se

CIDOC is the international focus for the documentation interests of museums and related organizations - an international committee of ICOM -
International Council of Museums

The conference themes enlighten the fact that more and more efforts are taken in the field of cross border cooperation and the focus on
standardisation from outside the traditional museum sector.

At the same time as other organisations and users looks at museums we also have to look at the knowledge management movements outside
museums and to collaborate between sectors as natural and cultural heritage. Aspects as fighting illicit traffic with heritage objects and
bringing intangible heritage knowledge to future needs, amongst others, also form a challenge for the documentation systems.

We also would like to enforce the museology and information science researchers to study the standardisation evolution within the museum field.

Opening for a broader knowledge of CIDOC and the CIDOC work we hope to gain a stronger adoption in everyday work in museums, and a more
active partaking in future CIDOC activities.

We welcome and encourage - together with the established experts - students, young professionals and curators coming from the universities
and not earlier represented museums around the world, to take part in the conference as delegates - and to become members of the CIDOC.

See more information on the conference at  -  http://cidoc06.se

CIDOC and ICOM Web Sites - http://cidoc.icom.museum - http://icom.museum

Welcome

For the organizing committee

Anne Murray
Bengt Wittgren
Hans Rengman

Whatever you Wanadoo, click below:
http://ads.smartgroups.com/adclick/CID=000000b7c79a99a500000000
--
If you want to share pictures, use the calendar, or start a vote
visit http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/cidoc-members

Report abuse http://www.smartgroups.com/text/abusereport.cfm?gid%3D3060002&mid%3D22