[crm-sig] competitors

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Wed Mar 23 11:59:53 EET 2005

Dear All,

I just heard about this message from the SUO (Standard Upper Ontology) team:

...We know that making serious progress on a broadly acceptable common upper
ontology (I prefer "default upper ontology" -- the most widely used ontology
that one uses for interoperability purposes when you don't have any good reason
for using something else), would require a collaborative effort that would be
expensive.  I estimated 3 million dollars two years ago; it would probably be
more now.  But without that project, we might still be able to do something
useful on this list ...

So far, we have been considerably cheaper. Nevertheless, it would be helpful if
someone could devote time to compare the CRM with SUO.

Best,

martin