[crm-sig] DC mapping to CRM

Han, Yan hany at u.library.arizona.edu
Tue Jul 19 02:08:46 EEST 2005

Martin,

Many thanks for your comment.

>From the official documentation of DC
(http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-terms/ ), DC.coverage is "The
extent or scope of the content of the resource." "Coverage will
typically include spatial location (a place name or geographic
coordinates), temporal period (a period label, date, or date range) or
jurisdiction (such as a named administrative entity)."

so the coverage is about the content. In this case, DC.Coverage should
be mapped to E1 (since there is no way to know a place, a time, or an
actor). See attached figure.

In addition, we tried to map MARC . It is not our intention to do all
the MARC detailed mapping. The MARC tags used in the figure are general
tags describe in Library of Congress MARC to DC Crosswalk
<http://www.loc.gov/marc/marc2dc.html>. In this case, we hope to use CRM
as the central hub to do the crosswalk.
Please feel free to comment.

YH