[crm-sig] New CIDOC CRM Website

Crofts Nicholas (DAEL) nicholas.crofts at etat.ge.ch
Thu Jan 16 10:12:55 EET 2003

Dear all,
The new web site is a great improvement. Clear and readable and uncluttered.

I just noticed an unfortunate problem with the text formatting. It seems
that the width of the text has been "fixed" at a width convenient for
screens at 1024 x 768 pixels. (Since this is exactly the resolution I use it
suits me fine.) However, with a screen set to a lower resolution, say 600 x
800, a lot of horizontal scrolling is needed to read the text, which is
irritating. (With a higher screen resolution, a margin appears to the right
of the text.) It would be preferable to free up the width of the text so
that it reformats automatically to suit the client. This problem applies to
pretty much all the text pages.

Also, just to reiterate Tony's remark, the top level menu item "What is
CIDOC CRM" is ungrammatical. It should be wither "What is the CIDOC CRM?" or
"What the CIDOC CRM is".

Cheers

Nick