[crm-sig] parameters in measurement events

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Thu Dec 4 22:36:28 EET 2003

Dear Ludwig,

Obviously the CRM is not a full model for the description of scientific measurements.
The question of encoding value conditions under which a measurement is done is interesting.
on the other hand I wonder if the conditions are relevant for queries, such as:

Give me all engines in all museums that have horsepower between ... at 150-160
rpm.......

If this is actually not the case, but these data are relevant to interprete
the quality of the measurement,
then I'd argue the conditions are well-placed in the "has note" of the measurement,
which can be typed again.

Else, I suppose certain conditions can be regarded as type of the measurement,
e.g. max horse power, speed at max horse power, etc.

I suppose the selection of conditions is not random. So tell us what the
logic is. This could be typed again.

What do you think?

Martin