[crm-sig] Issue 101. Scope Note E73 to contain Multimedia Objects

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Sat Oct 12 15:29:18 EEST 2002

Dear Tony,

What do you think about this:

Scope Note: An identifiable immaterial item, such as a poem, joke, data set,
image, text, multimedia object, procedure prescription,computer program code,
algorithm, mathematical formulae, that constitutes a unit for documentation and
has an objectively recognizable structure. It does not include conceptual items
such as types and classes, nor ideas without a reproducible expression. An information
object does not depend on its physical carrier. It can be present in an unaltered
form on multiple carriers, in particular as a memory in human mind.

Examples: Image BM000038850.JPG from the Clayton Herbarium in London,
	  E.A.Poe's "The Raven", the movie "The Seven Samurai" by Kurosawa, the
           Maxwell Equations.

Cheers,

Martin