[crm-sig] E33 Linguistic object

PATRICK.LE-BOEUF at bnf.fr PATRICK.LE-BOEUF at bnf.fr
Wed Oct 9 17:00:12 EEST 2002

Dear Martin,
     I'll reformat my mapping FRBR-->CRM, and follow your suggestion of having
"P9a // P9b" to distinguish the directions of properties, instead of my rather
awkward "P9 // P9backward" as in the current version of my mapping.
     I have a further question about E33 Linguistic Object: is this class
regarded as covering exclusively textual objects, or more broadly any kind of
Information Object that has a textual compound (for instance: a lied, an opera,
a movie etc.)? This is a problem I encountered while preparing my mapping; I
took it for granted (because I felt it was conceptually more logical and
consistent) that E33 Linguistic Object was exclusively textual and could not be
instantiated by an opera for instance, and my assumption resulted in a number of
problems. It would be much simpler for me (but would this be consistent?) to
regard an opera or a motion picture or whatever complex work with a textual
compound (however minor as to the work as a whole) as an instance of E33
Linguistic Object.
     Thanks,
     Best wishes,
Patrick