[crm-sig] ISO Copyright issues

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Tue May 7 23:04:46 EEST 2002

Dear Nick,

If I understand correctly, the point is, that not any translation can be regarded
rendering the intention of the translated standard. I.e. the distinction between
an unauthorized and an authorized translation must be kept clear, and authorization
is given by ISO. In that case, I'd propose to encourage people to make at first
unauthorized translations, that we can pick up one by one and examine for authorization.
The unauthorized translations will be still of value to help people that are not so fluent
in English to understand better the ideas.

best,

Martin