[crm-sig] Proposal for Issue 36. Closing model amendments

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Tue Jun 25 16:38:18 EEST 2002

Hi Tony,

Alternatively we could interpret the ORDER as a specific identifier,
an Appellation of parts? Neither that would require a change.
This is consistent with regarding spatial coordinates as identifiers.

To measure immaterial objects seems very reasonable to me, also for playing durations
of video etc., see http://metadata.net/harmony/MW2002_paper.pdf.

This proposal would require the domain of P43: Has Dimension to
be promoted from E18: Physical Stuff to it's superclass, E70: Stuff.
and P39 measured (was measured by) to E70: Stuff.

It seems, that this was the last open amendment issue. I think the
impression of the audience in the last meeting, that we have understood
the CRM as a total and can close the amendments to the model with the
upcoming meeting has proven right.

Since the last meeting, we had close collaboration with Jane Hunter on the
MPEG7 mapping to the CRM and with ABC Harmony, coming to complete agreements
in both cases. The latter will be published soon, and confirms the positioning
of FRBR Manifestation we had discussed already in Monterey and Patrick's work.
All experience of the agreement with Harmony is contained in the proposals done.

With this step we have taken into account all the communities the CRM intends to enable
communication with.

By the way, the CRM appears now as:
ISO 21127 : "A reference ontology for the interchange
of cultural heritage information"

Looking forward to see you next week.

Martin