[crm-sig] New issue: collections and features have no owners

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Fri Jan 18 16:49:40 EET 2002

Dear All,

On implementing the new Collection entity,  recognized that the
ownership and custody links refer only to Physical Object.
Now, once we regard Collections as non-objects in general, including
sites and features, by sure they should by owned and kept.
For Features in general I ask myself if "custody" makes sense.
Probably yes, even though the keeper has to move to the site,
rather than the object to the keepers facilities.
An excavation site may have a keeper, as well as some rock paintings.

So I propose to raise the domain of the ownerhip and custody links
to Physical Stuff.

MD, 18 January 2002

 Dr. Martin Doerr              |  Vox:+30(81)391625          |
 Senior Researcher             |  Fax:+30(81)391609          |

               Centre for Cultural Informatics               |

         Web-site: http://www.ics.forth.gr/proj/isst         |