[crm-sig] Next meeting logistics

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Fri Aug 30 22:23:50 EEST 2002

Dear All,

The next joined meeting of the CIDOC CRM SIG and ISO/TC46/SC4/WG9
will be very important. After all modelling constructs and most scope notes of the CIDOC CRM
have been decided on the ast meeting, The last open scope notes have to be decided and the last
minor consistency problems have to be fixed. We shall then have the final version of
the technical contents. The form and introductory texts for the ISO FDIS have to be
decided, so that we are able to produce an FDIS proposal end of this year.
We shall intensify in this meeting contacts with implementers and discuss how to bring
forward application knowledge.

I have reserved the "House of Europe", a beautiful, quiet  lodge of the University of Crete
in the centre of Rethymnon, a renovated old villa next to the sea, from Oct 21 (arr.) to 26 (dept).
They have 11 rooms (9 double rooms). Prize: single occ. 20 Euro/night, double 35 Euro/night.
We hold several rooms for about 45 Euro in a close by hotel, I'll announce soon.
The meeting will be some 200 m from there in the facilities of FORTH, in the centre
of Rethymnon, Institute of Mediterranean Studies, Oct. 22-25.

The centre of Rethymnon is beautifully restaurated with many buildings from 16th to 19th
century, the best preserved city centre in Crete.

Please let me know as soon as possible if you are coming, so that we can reserve you a
room in the House of Europe. Please indicate you date of arrival and departure. As the house
has no night reception, we should know your time of arrival. (Bus from Heraklion to
Rethymnon takes about 1:15 hours, taxi 50 min, 75 km). Please let me know, if you
intend to stay until Sunday.

Looking forward to see you all in Rethymnon,