[crm-sig] traditional care

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Wed Aug 14 11:01:20 EEST 2002

Dear Jane,

I think that "traditional care" is a special case of a "norm" (right, prohibition, prescription).

It is about future, and can be observed to have been obeyed or not in the past.

I  think of a general node under "Conceptual Object" of type:

         "Planning or Norm", subclass of Conceptual Object.

"Design or Procedure" has indirectly do with that, but it deals with the form of a process and the
respective product, is timeless and intentionless.

Probably one must distinguish between the "intention", promoted by people, for certain
things and actors, during a specific time, enforced or not, and an associated "plan"
or execution schema, the "how" of the intention, abstract from time, validity, enforcement.
"Enforcement actions" may have their own plans.

I would see "Design or Procedure" as a case of such "plans - schemata".

I would assume that a planning or norm may have an associated "plan".

A "Planning or Norm" is "created" by an Actor, even if that is in unknown
past, and by an ethnic group.

It "refers to" types of things.

It "uses" a "plan".

It is "valid for" a time-span.