[crm-sig] traditional care

Jane Hunter jane at dstc.edu.au
Fri Aug 9 01:47:24 EEST 2002

Hi,

I've been working on a project with Jane Sledge at the Smithsonian's
National Museum of the American Indian (NMAI) and one thing we'd like
to do is to support information describing the preferred traditional
care of museum artefacts, particularly culturally sensitive artefacts.
For example certain objects should be stored so that they face east, or
must not be handled by women. Other objects, such as medicine bundles,
should not be displayed or handled at all.

I've had a quick look through the CIDOC CRM and can't really find
anywhere that this kind of information is supported? Any suggestions
for where/how it could be incorporated.

regards,
Jane
| Jane Hunter                 | Senior Research Scientist           |
| DSTC Pty Ltd                | Distributed Systems Technology CRC  |
| Level 7, GP South           | Tel   : +61 7 3365 4310             |
| University of Queensland    | Fax   : +61 7 3365 4311             |
| Queensland 4072, Australia  | Email : jane at dstc.edu.au            |