[crm-sig] Consistency issues

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Thu Aug 1 13:49:58 EEST 2002

Dear All,

When cross-checking the decisions from Copenhagen on the total set of CRM
properties, we came over the following consistency issues to be proposed:

1) Deletion of the property P6
    E3 Condition State. P6 falls within (contains): E3 Condition State

    The fact of this deletion is not clear from the minutes. It makes however
    sense, as "falls within" is already covered by the respective Allen operator
    "includes".

2) Change of the range of property P16.1, P19.1
    E7 Activity. used specific object (was used for): E70 Stuff
                                        (P16.1 mode of use: E62 String)
    E7 Activity. used specific object (was used for): E70 Stuff
                                        (P16.1 mode of use: E55 Type)

    E7 Activity. was intended use of (was made for): E70 Stuff
					(P19.1 mode of use:  E62String)
    E7 Activity. was intended use of (was made for): E70 Stuff
					(P19.1 mode of use: E55 Type)

    P16.1, 19.1 would be the only link on link NOT pointing to a type.

3) P33 should become subproperty of P12 and P15
       E11 Modification Event. P33 used specific technique (was used by): E29 Design or Procedure
       E5 Event. P12 occurred in the presence of (was present at): E77 Persistent Item
       E7 Activity. P15 was influenced by (influenced): E1 CRM Entity

   P33 was subproperty of P15, but not of P12. When using a specific technique, one carrier
   of this knowledge must be present.

The authoritative list of property definitions and scope notes, as decided in Copenhagen and corrected
for editing errors (e.g. obsolete Entity names like Production -> Production Event) is added to the
outcomes of the meeting on the Web-Site:
http://cidoc.ics.forth.gr/docs/edited_properties_2002-07-30-ms.doc

Scope notes with the comment "not approved" need to be revised and will be decided in October 22-25.
"not approved" refers only to the scope notes, not to the property as such.

best wishes,