[crm-sig] Re:TOPOLOGY

Lee, Edmund edmund.lee at rchme.co.uk
Wed Oct 10 13:35:45 EEST 2001

Dear Martin and fellow CRM colleagues,

I am very pleased to see the work that Martin has put into mapping the
OpenGIS standard to CRM. It is the concept of "position in space" that most
clearly distinguishes historic environment data from, for example, museum or
archive based cultural data, and it is therefore essential that the CRM has
a way to model this information to meet the needs of the historic
environment sector.

Martin - as you know Matthew Stiff from Engliah Heritage will be attending
the Paris meeting next week instead of myself, but I am sure he will be very
interested to see the results of the mapping work that you have undertaken.

You may be interested to hear that the U.K. Forum on Information Standards
in Heritage (FISH) is at present discussing the application of GIS standards
to existing text-based database standards on its discussion list. You can
review the messages (or join the list - you would all be very welcome) via
the web site http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/fish.html

Best wishes

Edmund Lee

Data Standards Supervisor