[crm-sig] CRM TEST PROJECT CLOSING SUCCESSFULLY

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Wed Jun 27 16:08:51 EEST 2001

Dear All,

We close now the CRM Correlation Test Project
(http://cidoc.ics.forth.gr/testproject.html).
It has brought very valuable results, and has verified both, the
CRM approach and the specific contents of the CRM and its latest
extensions as an excellent solution to the interoperability of
data and metadata of museums and beyond.

Results are presented on the sites:
http://cidoc.ics.forth.gr/testproject_results.html
http://cidoc.ics.forth.gr/crm_mappings.html
http://cidoc.ics.forth.gr/data_transformations.html
http://cidoc.ics.forth.gr/gnm_data_type_definitions.html

(XML files must be viewed with a suitable browser, e.g.
Microsoft Internet Explorer. The automatic invocation of Iexplorer
by Netscape leads normally to an error, as it copies the file and not
the associated XSL to a temporary location)

We shall further update this site,
as more details about results may still come to our knowledge
and to correct any errors we encounter. (We apologize in advance
for minor inconsistencies that may still exist between
DTD's, XSL files and the referred versions of the CRM.)
If you are aware of any other use of the CRM not mentioned there,
please do not hesitate to contact us, it will be published on the
same site. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any problems
you detect in the results, be it inconsistencies, spelling errors,
interpretational problems.

The mailing list cidoc-test will be closed now. The mail archive
will remain accessible on the site. If you are
interested in staying in contact with the CIDOC Documentation
Standards work, please subscribe to either cidoc-docustrd
(Documentation Standards Working Group) or crm-sig
(CIDOC-CRM Special Interest Group). For details please see
http://cidoc.ics.forth.gr.

Our warmest thanks to all those people that have supported
this work. We apologize that not all contributors are
mentioned on these pages.
We also apologize for cross-posting this message.

I hope to see you all in Barcelona,

 Dr. Martin Doerr              |  Vox:+30(81)391625          |
 Senior Researcher             |  Fax:+30(81)391609          |

               Centre for Cultural Informatics               |

         Web-site: http://www.ics.forth.gr/proj/isst         |