[crm-sig] Progress of the CIDOC CRM SIG

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Sat Jul 21 02:33:45 EEST 2001

Dear All,

The first CIDOC CRM Special Interest Group Meeting has met all expectations. It has increased the interest and active participation in the community (see http://cidoc.ics.forth.gr/members.html). The
CIDOC CRM
Standardization project is now substantially supported by the European Community, the Research Libraries
Group, California, and many others. The full report of the meeting can be found on the Group's website
under http://cidoc.ics.forth.gr/docs/cidoc_crm_first_meeting.doc. Following this meeting, a meeting of the
Group's Steering Committee and the CHIOS project was held to prepare for the next meetings to follow.
The report can be found under http://cidoc.ics.forth.gr/docs/chios_report_2001-06-071.doc. In this meeting
a formulation of the scope of the CRM was elaborated for formal acceptance in the next meeting.
You are personally encouraged to comment or make addition proposals to this document. It will be the
basis for the CRM ISO standard.

New validation tests by an increasing user base are being undertaken. There has been a perfect consensus on all decisions taken. We hope for a strong participation in the next meeting, which will be a
3-days working meeting devoted to the finalization of requirements, October 15-18. Please have a look also at the page http://cidoc.ics.forth.gr/crm_issues.html
and send us your comments, requirements, questions or concerns. Let us know, if you need more technical instruction to
be able to contribute. We shall devote specific time-slots for training in the next meeting.

Your personal contribution will be very important. The agenda will be sent out
next week. Please inform us as early as possible, if you can participate or not .

I hope to see you all in Paris.

best wishes,

 Dr. Martin Doerr              |  Vox:+30(81)391625          |
 Senior Researcher             |  Fax:+30(81)391609          |

               Centre for Cultural Informatics               |

         Web-site: http://www.ics.forth.gr/proj/isst         |